Visitor's From

free counters

CLOCK

Friday, June 11, 2010

Jane Fonda Awarded Great Vermeil Medal of the City of Paris



Actress Jane Fonda was honored today in Paris, France for her career achievements. Mayor Betrand Delance awarded Fonda the Great Vermeil Medal of the City of Paris during a press conference about the Paris Cinema festival. Many were there to take part in the festivities including Fonda’s old time friend, French director Costa Gavras. Jane was so shocked by his appearance that she told the crowd:

“I am very touched that Costa Gavras is here. I played for the first time in a film shot in France a long time ago; it’s such a long time ago that I can’t remember when it was. He (Gavras) was the assistant to Rene Clement. So, for me, it’s the end of a circle, which takes me back to where I started and I feel so good in France and especially in Paris, it feels like a second home.”


Congrats Jane!

Check out a few pics of her accepting her award at the Paris City Hall in France Thursday (Jun 10) below…



No comments:

Post a Comment